Since tiaprid weakly dialyzed, hemodialysis is not recommended equipoise cycleto remove it from the body. No specific antidote tiapride.
Contraindicated in combination – with levodopa Mutual antagonism of levodopa and neuroleptics
– With cabergoline, quinagolide Mutual antagonism between dopaminergic drugs and neuroleptics.
Non-recommended combination – with drugs that can cause ventricular tachycardia type “pirouette” or lengthen the QT interval:
– Bradycardia causing agents, such as beta-blockers; slows the heart rate blockers “slow” calcium channel blockers (verapamil, diltiazem); clonidine, guanfacine; digitalis preparations; – causing hypokalemia drugs such as diuretics, potassium carve; stimulating peristalsis laxatives; Amphotericin B for intravenous use, steroids, tetrakozaktid (before taking tiapride hypokalemia should be corrected); – antiarrhythmics 1A class, such as quinidine, disopyramide; – class III antiarrhythmics, such as amiodarone, sotalol, dofetilide, Ibutilide; – other equipoise cycle drugs such as pimozide, sultopride, sulpiride, haloperidol, thioridazine, methadone, amisulpride, droperidol, chlorpromazine, Levomepromazine, tsiamemazin, pipotiazine, sertindole, veraliprid;antidepressants, imipramine derivatives; lithium preparations; bepridil; cisapride, difemanila methyl sulfate, injectable erythromycin, spiramycin injectable, mizolastine, vincamine given intravenously define finasteride, halofantrine, Lumefantrine, pentamidine, sparfloxacin, moxifloxacin.
If patients can not avoid co-administration of these drugs with tiaprid, then for them to be carried out a thorough clinical, laboratory (control of the electrolyte composition of the blood) and electrocardiographic monitoring.
– With dopaminergic antiparkinsonian drugs (amantadine, apomorphine, bromocriptine, entacapone, lisuride, pergolide, piribedil, pramipexole, ropinirole, selegiline) Mutual antagonism of anti-dopaminergic drugs and neuroleptics. Dopaminergic agonists may cause or exacerbate psychotic symptoms (see. “Special Instructions”).
– Ethanol Ethanol enhances the sedative effect of neuroleptics. Therefore, during treatment tiaprid can not drink alcohol and drugs containing ethanol.
Combinations requiring caution compliance – With cholinesterase inhibitors:. Donepezil, rivastigmine, galantamine, pyridostigmine, neostigmine bromide Because of the ability of these drugs to cause bradycardia increased risk of ventricular arrhythmias.
Combinations to be taken into account – with antihypertensive drugs (all) Additive hypotensive effect, increasing the risk of orthostatic hypotension.
– With nitrates increases the risk of reduction in blood pressure and, in particular, the development of orthostatic hypotension.
– With the drugs equipoise cycle depressing the central nervous system function: Morphine derivatives (analgesics, anti-inflammatory drugs); barbiturates; benzodiazepines and other anxiolytics; sleeping pills;antidepressants with sedative effect (amitriptyline, doxepin, mianserin, mirtazapine, trimipramine); blockers of H1-histamine receptors with sedating; antihypertensive drugs central action (for kponidina and guanfatsina see also “Non-recommended combination.”); baclofen; thalidomide and pizotifen. Perhaps cumulative depression of the central nervous system and reducing reaction.
Neuroleptic malignant syndrome Neuroleptic malignant syndrome is characterized by paleness, hyperthermia, muscle rigidity, autonomic nervous system dysfunction, impaired consciousness. Signs of dysfunction of the autonomic nervous system, such as sweating and labile blood pressure and pulse may precede the onset of hyperthermia and, therefore, be early, warning symptoms. In the case of unexplained fever tiaprid treatment should be discontinued. The genesis of the development of neuroleptic malignant syndrome remain unclear, it is assumed that in its mechanism plays the role of the blockade of dopamine receptors in the striatum and hypothalamus, is not excluded a congenital predisposition (idiosyncrasy). Development of the syndrome may contribute to intercurrent infection, fluid and electrolyte balance (in particular dehydration, hyponatremia), co-administration of the drug lithium, organic brain damage.
QT prolongation tiaprid can cause lengthening of the equipoise cycle interval. It is known that this effect increases the risk of serious ventricular arrhythmias such as ventricular tachycardia type “pirouette” (see. “Side effects”).