In appointing tiapride pregnant women should be careful, as there are limited data on the use of tiapride during pregnancy and in infants whose mothers had for a long time were treated with neuroleptics, extrapyramidal disorders were observed in rare cases. Besides neuroleptic injections used in emergency situations, can cause pregnant women, blood pressure reduction. Analysis equipoise dosage of pregnancy, during which accepted tiaprid did not reveal his teratogenic effects.
Animal studies have shown that tiaprid passes into breast milk, but there tiaprid in human breast milk is not known to penetrate. Ore while it is not recommended.
Dosage and administration:
The drug may be administered intramuscularly or intravenously, for adults only.
Always choose the minimum effective dose. If the patient’s condition allows, treatment should be started at a low dose and then gradually increasing it.
Relief of psychomotor agitation and aggressive states, especially in chronic alcoholism or in elderly patients
In adults with normal renal function
The usual dose is 200 – 300 mg / day.
In special cases, delirium or predelirioznom condition: 400 – 1200 mg / day (up to a maximum 1800 mg / day). The daily dose is divided into 4-6 administrations.
200 – 300 mg / day, the daily equipoise dosage dose is divided into 2 -. 3 administration
is not recommended to use more than a single dose of 100 mg.
Thrust intense pain
The usual dose is 200 – 400 mg / day, that is 2-4 capsules per day.
Patients with impaired renal function
In patients with renal insufficiency excretion tiapride correlates with creatinine clearance. Therefore, when creatinine clearance of 30-60 ml / min. dose reduced by 25%, with creatinine clearance of 10-30 ml / min. dose reduced by 2 times when creatinine clearance less than 10 mL / min. reduced dose 4 times as compared with doses of normal kidney function.
Patients with impaired liver function
The drug is metabolized slightly change the dosing regimen is required.
The incidence of adverse reactions has been presented in accordance with the following shades: very often ‘(≥ 10%), frequent and very rare, including isolated reports (<0.01%), frequency unknown (according to available data rate can not be determined)
Side effects observed during the controlled trials.
It is noted that in some cases had difficulty in differentiating adverse events and symptoms of the main disease.
On the part of the central and peripheral nervous system
– dizziness, headache.
– parkinsonism and related symptoms tremor, muscular hypertonicity, hypokinesia and hypersalivation. These symptoms usually regress while taking anticholinergic antiparkinsonian agents.
– Acute dyskinesia such as akathisia, muscle dystonia (spasm torticollis, oculogyric crisis, trismus). These symptoms usually regress while taking equipoise dosage anticholinergic antiparkinsonian agents.
– Other acute dyskinesias, usually regress while taking anticholinergic antiparkinsonian agents.
Frustration on the part of the psyche
– somnolence / drowsiness, insomnia, sleep disturbances, agitation, state of apathy.
– tiaprid causes an increase in plasma concentrations of prolactin, which is reversible after discontinuation of the drug. Hyperprolactinemia can lead to galactorrhea, amenorrhea, gynecomastia, breast enlargement, the emergence of pain in the breasts, frigidity, orgasmic dysfunction and impotence.
– asthenia / weakness, fatigue.
– Increase in body weight.
In addition to the above side effects are very rare and only from spontaneous reports were reports the following adverse reactions.
On the part of the central and peripheral nervous system of
– Tardive dyskinesia characterized by stereotyped involuntary movements mainly language and / or facial muscles (as with all other antipsychotics reception after reception for more than 3 months).Antiparkinsonian drugs are not effective or may cause increased symptoms.
– Neuroleptic malignant syndrome (see “Special Instructions”.), Which is a potentially fatal complication, and the occurrence of which is possible with the use of any antipsychotic.
From the Heart
– lengthening the interval , ventricular arrhythmias, such as ventricular tachycardia type “pirouette”, ventricular tachycardia that can go into ventricular fibrillation and lead to cardiac arrest and the development of sudden death (see “Special Instructions”.)
On the part of the autonomic nervous system of
– Orthostatic hypotension.
From the vessels
– thromboembolism, including pulmonary embolism, sometimes fatal, deep vein thrombosis (see “Special Instructions”.).
From the immunity
– allergic skin equipoise dosage reactions.