Symptoms: excessive sedation, drowsiness, depression of consciousness up to coma, hypotension, extrapyramidal symptoms.
Treatment: removal of preparation, detoxification and symptomatic therapy, monitoring vital body functions (especially cardiac activity (risk of equipoise results prolongation and ventricular arrhythmias interval) to complete disappearance of symptoms of intoxication In case of severe extrapyramidal symptoms – use of anticholinergics..
Since tiaprid weakly dialyzed, hemodialysis is not recommended (see. “Pharmacokinetics”) to remove it from the body,
No specific antidote tiapride.
Interaction with other drugs
Contraindicated in combination
– with levodopa
Mutual antagonism of levodopa and neuroleptics
– With cabergoline, quinagolide
Mutual antagonism between dopaminergic drugs and neuroleptics.
– with drugs that can cause ventricular tachycardia type “pirouette” or lengthen the QT interval:
– Bradycardia causing agents, such equipoise results as beta-blockers; slows the heart rate blockers “slow” calcium channel blockers (verapamil, diltiazem); clonidine, guanfacine; digitalis preparations;
– causing hypokalemia drugs such as diuretics, potassium carve; stimulating peristalsis laxatives; Amphotericin B for intravenous use, steroids, tetrakozaktid (before taking tiapride hypokalemia should be corrected);
– antiarrhythmics 1A class, such as quinidine, disopyramide;
– class III antiarrhythmics, such as amiodarone, sotalol, dofetilide, Ibutilide;
– other drugs such as pimozide, sultopride, sulpiride, haloperidol, thioridazine, methadone, amisulpride, droperidol, chlorpromazine, Levomepromazine, tsiamemazin, pipotiazine, sertindole, veraliprid;antidepressants, imipramine derivatives; lithium preparations; bepridil; cisapride, difemanila metshsulfat administered intravenous erythromycin, spiramycin injectable, mizolastine, vincamine given intravenously, halofantrine, Lumefantrine, pentamidine, sparfloxacin, moxifloxacin.
If patients can not avoid co-administration of these drugs with tiaprid, then for them to be carried out a thorough clinical, laboratory (control of the electrolyte composition of the blood) and electrocardiographic monitoring.
– With dopaminergic antiparkinsonian drugs (amantadine, apomorphine, bromocriptine, entacapone, lisuride, pergolide, piribedil, pramipexole, ropinirole, selegiline)
Mutual antagonism of anti-dopaminergic drugs and neuroleptics. Dopaminergic agonists may cause or exacerbate psychotic symptoms (see. “Special Instructions”)
Ethanol enhances the sedative effect of neuroleptics. Therefore, during treatment tiaprid can not drink alcohol and drugs containing ethanol.
Combinations requiring caution compliance
– With cholinesterase inhibitors:. Donepezil, rivastigmine, galantamine, pyridostigmine, neostigmine bromide
Because of the ability of these drugs to cause bradycardia increased risk of ventricular arrhythmias.
Combinations to be taken into account
– with antihypertensive drugs equipoise results (all)
Additive hypotensive effect, increasing the risk of orthostatic hypotension.
– With nitrates
increases the risk of reduction in blood pressure and, in particular, the development of orthostatic hypotension.
– With the drugs depressing the central nervous system function: Morphine derivatives (analgesics, anti-inflammatory drugs); barbiturates; benzodiazepines and other anxiolytics; sleeping pills;antidepressants with sedative effect (amitriptyline, doxepin, mianserin, mirtazapine, trimipramine); blockers of histamine H1-receptors with a sedative effect; antihypertensive drugs central action (for clonidine and guanfatsina see also “Non-recommended combination.”); baclofen; thalidomide and pizotifen.
Perhaps cumulative depression of the equipoise results central nervous system and reducing reaction.