Patients with predisposing factors for the development of arrhythmias (with bradycardia less than 55 beats per minute with disorders of electrolyte balance, in particular, hypokalemia, hypomagnesemia, congenital lengthening equipoise vs deca interval, with preparations concomitant therapy capable of causing severe bradycardia (less than 55 beats per minute), violations of electrolyte balance, to slow intracardiac conduction, or prolong the QT interval, as tiaprid may prolong the interval and increase the risk of serious ventricular arrhythmias, including the development of ventricular tachycardia type “pirouette” (see. “Interactions with other medicinal products” , “Special instructions”)
in conjunction with dopaminergic antiparkinsonian drugs (amantadine, apomorphine, bromocriptine, entacapone, lisuride, pergolide, piribedil, pramipexole, ropinirole, selegiline) in patients with Parkinson’s disease, if there is an urgent need to apply tiapride (see . “Interaction with other medicinal products”, “Special instructions”).
-in patients with severe cardiovascular disease (because of the potential gain of ischemic disorders in blood pressure reduction).
– in the elderly (increased risk of sedation, orthostatic hypotension ).
– elderly patients with dementia (see. “Special Instructions”).
– Patients with risk factors for stroke (see “Special Instructions”).
– In patients with renal failure (requires correction mode dosing, see section “Dosage and administration”)..
– In patients with equipoise vs deca epilepsy (neuroleptics can reduce the epileptogenic threshold, although this effect has not been studied in tiapride).
– patients with risk factors for venous thromboembolism (sm. “(Special instructions”),
– children (insufficient knowledge of the drug in these patients)
– in adolescents during puberty (due to possible adverse effects on the endocrine system, see “side effects”.).
– During pregnancy (. see “pregnancy and lactation”).
– with the simultaneous use of medicines containing ethanol ( see. “Interaction with other medicinal products”).
Pregnancy and lactation
In appointing tiapride pregnant women should be careful, as there are limited data on the use of tiapride during pregnancy and in infants whose mothers had for a long time were treated with neuroleptics, extrapyramidal disorders were observed in rare cases. Analysis of pregnancy, during which accepted tiaprid did not reveal his teratogenic effects.
Animal studies have shown that tiaprid passes into breast milk, but there tiaprid in human breast milk is not known to penetrate. Breast-feeding is not recommended during his administration.
Dosage and administration:
Only for adults and children over 6 years.
It is always necessary to choose the lowest effective dose. If the patient’s condition allows, treatment should begin with low doses, gradually increasing them step by step. The daily dose is divided into 2-3 doses.
Relief of psychomotor agitation equipoise vs deca and aggressive states, especially in chronic alcoholism or in old age:
Only adults:. No more than 200 – 300 mg / day for 1 to 2 months
in patients older dose of 200-300 mg / day should be achieved gradually. Treatment should start with a dose of 50 mg 2 times a day. Then, the dose can be gradually increased by 50-100 mg every 2-3 days.The average dose used in elderly patients is 200 mg / day and the maximum dose – 300 mg / day.